A tough litigator and dedicated legal representative, Robert Sigler joined Bandas Law Firm to help personal injury plaintiffs find justice. Over the course of his career, he has achieved million-dollar verdicts and been admitted to both district and circuit courts.
After graduating cum laude in 1987 from Trinity University, Robert received his law degree in 1990 from the University of Houston. He worked for over 18 years with the law firm of Meredith, Donnell and Abernethy and its successor firms, where he was a partner and, for many years, a member of the firm’s management committee. Now, he brings his experience in complex personal injury and mass tort/class action suits to Bandas Law Firm.
Robert successfully defended hospitals and doctors for many years as a partner with Meredith, Donnell and Abernethy and its’ successor firms, by obtaining defense verdicts in jury trials and resolving cases on favorable terms for his clients. Robert has applied the substantial knowledge he obtained in over a decade defending medical malpractice defendants, to the successful prosecution of medical negligence cases on behalf of injured victims and their families. As a plaintiff’s attorney, Robert has recovered millions of dollars for malpractice victims and their families in cases against hospitals and doctors.
He has been Board Certified in Personal Injury Trial Law by the Texas Board of Legal Specialization since 2000. He is rated AV Preeminent® by the Martindale-Hubbell® legal directory and is a member and past president of the American Board of Trial Advocates (Corpus Christi, Texas chapter). Robert was listed in the Texas Super Lawyers® publication by Thomas Reuters Services in 2011, 2012, 2017, and 2018 and among the organization’s Rising Star℠ selections in 2004 and 2005. He is also a member of the Million Dollar Advocates Forum®.
He is a member of the State Bar of New Mexico, the State Bar of Texas, and the Corpus Christi Bar Association.
- J.D., University of Houston Law Center, 1990
- B.A., cum laude, Trinity University, 1987
- Admitted to practice in Texas and New Mexico
- U.S. District Court Southern and Western Districts of Texas
- U.S. Court of Appeals, Fifth Circuit
Professional & Bar Association Memberships
- Corpus Christi Bar Association
- State Bar of Texas
- State Bar of New Mexico
- American Board of Trial Advocates
- AV Preeminent® rating by Martindale-Hubbell®
- Selected as a Texas Rising Star℠ in 2004 and 2005 by Thomson Reuters Services
- Named to Texas Super Lawyers® list Thomson Reuters Services for 2011, 2012, 2017, 2018 and 2020
- Member of the Million Dollar Advocates Forum®